Milestones of Singapore Casket
- 1920 – Singapore Casket Company Pte Ltd founded by the late Mr John Hochstadt.
- 1940 – Company acquired its own premises at 131 Lavender Street.
- 1957 – Sent local staff Guy Webb to London, United Kingdom, to study embalming at the British Institute of Embalmers, who then became Singapore’s first qualified embalmer.
- 1980 – Extension from a two-storeyed to six-storeyed building, housing a specially designed embalming theatre, air-conditioned and comfortable parlours, a customer service reception and a showroom.
- 2006 – Acquired by InvoCare Limited (public-listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange), with name and prestige retained as Singapore Casket
- 2008 – First to launch a free “heavenaddress.com” online memorial for families to pay tribute to their loved ones any time, anywhere.
- 2009 – First to foresee the need and demand of Internet connectivity, and therefore first in Singapore to install WIFI access in our parlours.
- 2010 – Step up in community service through an alliance with the Lions Club on “Save For Sight” project, in which used spectacles are collected and distributed for re-use in Third World countries.
- 2010 – Continued alliance with Lions Club to collect used and recyclable items for deprived families.
- 2010 – Singapore Casket awarded “2010 Successful Entrepreneur – Platinum Category” by GRC Press Holdings.
- 2010 - Successfully terdered for Mount Vernon Parlour 1 & 2.
- 2011 – Renovated Lavender Street’s parlours with full facilities such as Air-Cond, Wifi, Plasma TV, audio system, hot beverage dispenser and etc.
- 2011 – Hong Kong Authority site visit.
- 2012 – Launched Pre-Planning and Pre-Funeral Arrangement to carry out the wishes and to lighten the financial burden.
- 2012 – partnered with a reputable trustee to provide advice on Will Writing and estate administration.
- 2012 – Co-sponsor of Life Matters organized by Singapore Press Holdings and donated 3 Art Coffins designed by winners to charities.
- 2012 – Japan funeral director association site visit.
- 2013 – Collaboration with SG Gives, launch online donation drive through heavenaddress online portal.
- 2013 – Attained bizSAFE 3 certification.
- 2013 – Main sponsor of Life Matters organized by Singapore Press Holdings and donated 3 Art Coffins designed by winners to charities.
2014 – added in 20 more charities in the donation list through heavenaddress.
2014 – introduced new technology, transforming human ashes into eternity gem stones as memorial keepsake of our loved one.