Homeland Journey
Online Flower Order
Eternity Gem stone

Post Funeral Matters

Post Funeral Matters

For post funeral matters, we advise the family to notify the following authorities and private organisations related to the loved one:

  • Central Provident Fund (CPF)
  • Banks
  • Insurance companies and The Work Injury Compensation Act (WICA) 
  • Bills and Miscellaneous Items
  • Public Trustee
  • Lawyers / Solicitors 
  • Social Assistance
Central Provident Fund (CPF)

Please go to the CPF website at and click on “Distribution of CPF savings upon death of a CPF member” for more information. 

If no valid nomination was made, the loved one’s CPF savings will be transferred to Public Trustee for distribution in accordance withe the Intestate Succession Act for Non Muslim and Administration of Muslim Law for Muslims. please fo to the website at for more information. 


Please notify the deceased person’s bank, especially for receipts and cheques deposited automatically, or if mortgage payments and other transactions (e.g. GIRO deductions) are carried out directly from the account.

Insurance companies and The Work Injury Compensation Act (WICA) 

Inform the loved one’s insurance companies. Beneficiaries may receive payouts from insurance policies.

The Work Injury CompensatioN Act (WICA) allows employees who have sustained injuries in a work-related accident or contracted an occupational disease to claim work injury compensation. Dependants of employees who died in a work-related accident are also eligible for compensation. Claimable compensation includes medical leave wages, medical expenses and permanent incapacity or death.

Unlike civil claims, compensation is generally payable under the Act regardless of whether the employer is at fault, as long as the employee had suffered an injury by accident arising out of and in the course of his employment or had contracted an occupational disease as defined under the Act. The compensation benefits are computed based on fixed formulae and capped under the Act.

Once an employee decides to pursue his claim under the Act, he will generally no longer be able to lodge a civil claim against his employer for damages.

More information on Work Injury Compensation Act can be found here.

Bills & Miscellaneous Items

Check for any outstanding debts, such as credit-card bills, housing loan or other loan etc.  For bills where payment is made automatically via GIRO, inform the companies to cancel the GIRO.

Contact the loved one’s landlord, if applied

Cancel or transfer utilities such as electricity, telephone, mobile phone, TV box subscription connection and other items such as safety deposit boxes, home delivery services such as newspaper and etc.

Give the post office a forwarding address for the loved one’s person mail.

Public Trustee

The Public Trustee administers the estates of deceased persons if the value does not exceed $50,000. Please go to the website at, to refer to the situation cannot act and more information for next-of-kin (estate monies).

The assets administered by the Public Trustee are:

    • Deceased’s money in banks or other financial institutions in Singapore;
    • Deceased’s shares which are listed on the Singapore Exchange;
    • Deceased’s fully paid-up vehicles, apart from commercial vehicles like taxis (we will only transfer the vehicles);
    • Salary the Deceased was owed but not yet paid;
    • Deceased’s items in a safe-deposit box;
    • Deceased’s money paid as government compensation; and
    • Deceased’s money from the Workfare Income Supplement Scheme.

    Inform the loved one’s lawyer and /or executor to obtain the Will.


    Social Assistance

    There are various government social assistance schemes available if help is needed. These schemes are administered by the Community Development Councils.

    The schemes are:

    • Public Assistance (PA) Scheme/Special Grant (SG)
    • Home Ownership Plus Education Scheme (HOPE)
    • Rent and Utilities Assistance Scheme (RUAS)
    • Interim Financial Assistance Scheme (IFAS)
    • Student Care Fee Assistance (SCFA)
    • Centre-based Financial Assistance Scheme for Child Care (CFAC)
    • Work Assistance Programme (WAP)
    • Kindergarten Financial Assistance Scheme (KiFAS)

    More details on these social assistance schemes can be found at: